Monday, March 4, 2013

Family Ties


I was looking through old photographs today and ran across this one of my daughter, Lily, and her cousin Ella.  It made me giggle out loud and my heart did a little happy dance.
Our family was meeting at a park for a photo session with the fabulous Priscilla Rockett 
(of Priscilla Rockett photography).
The girls spotted each other across the park and ran to greet each other.


I'm guessing they were probably two and three in this photo.
They absolutely adored every single moment they shared, and they still do!

When Ella's little sister, Avery, joined the duo, the three of them became quite a trio!
Our family has been regularly treated to self-choreographed routines under their stage name,
The Spin-Around Girls!



As a child, I would wait on pins and needles for a visit with cousins.  None of my cousins lived in the same state as our family and I LOVED the moments we had together.  I feel so blessed that these three girls get to share so many sweet memories of growing up together.

I like to imagine that one day they will stand up at each other's rehearsal dinners and recall their shared childhood.  I hope they remember the way they felt in each other's presence.  
So cherished.



I want them to remember the details, like trick-or-treating with Avery's broken leg.




And I hope their memories of hot summer days include running through the sprinkler in their matching swimsuits...




I want them to share so many birthday celebrations that they all fuzz together 
into one clump of happy!
I hope they will continue to laugh until their tummies hurt when triggered by Avery's wonderful rolling belly laugh (the BEST ever!!).
I secretly want the Spin-Around Girls to continue forever and for these three to always stay 
so sweet, so silly, and so connected.

It's a treasured bond, for sure...
A priceless gift they've been given, held tightly by family ties.


It makes me want to reach out to my own cousins more and to intentionally nurture the bonds we share.
These three little girls inspire me to treasure the present moment with those we love most.  
They remind me to show affection openly and freely.

So lucky to be their Mama and Auntie!


Love, live, and create intentionally,
Kristi



1 comment: