Friday, March 15, 2013

Season of Renewal


Last weekend, we had a blizzard here in Colorado.
It snowed the entire day and locals hunkered down with cozy blankets, hot chocolate and good movies.  

Fast forward one week.

Today, it's a beautiful 70 degrees.  If I look out my window, the only evidence of last week's blizzard are a few spotty patches of white, clinging haphazardly to north-facing lawns.  

I see more runners than usual on the path behind my house and notice the extra spring in their step.  

I decide to take a walk through my flower beds.


I spy eager daffodils, pushing through the moist soil, preparing to raise their golden trumpets.


I notice vibrant leaves of green and appreciate their contrast against the toasty remains of last year's bark and foliage. 



I take in the perfect hue of my first crocus blooms and linger in awe of their perfection.


I know the Season of Renewal has arrived.  
I breathe in deeply as I lift my face skyward.  
I let the sunshine reach my soul, and envision it coursing through my veins.

I am completely at peace.

I feel gratitude, inspiration, and amazement that a bulb just beneath the soil can endure the harsh conditions of a blizzard one weekend and offer the world its blossoming treasures the next.

It's a lot like hope.
Hope that through suffering, beauty remains.
Hope that there is more to come that is much better than the current situation.
Hope for the days ahead.

While I love my Colorado weather with its fat-flaked snowfalls, vibrant autumns, and almost-too-hot summers, I'm ready for spring.  I'm ready for a rebirth of environment and soul.  
I'm opening my arms and breathing in deeply as I welcome this Season of Renewal.

Love, live and create intentionally,

Kristi


No comments:

Post a Comment