Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Autumn Escapes


For us, it was born out of necessity.
When our children were young, our school district followed a track system where the traditional school year was replaced with one in which students attended school for a nine-week block, then enjoyed three weeks off before beginning their second block. 



October was our month.

Not only did four of our immediate family members enjoy birthdays during this month, but it was the month in which we had three weeks off. 
In short, it was a very special month of adventure and celebration.

It's also a very well-kept secret that traveling in October is fabulous!


While summertime spent seaside with gulls overhead is wonderful, vacationing in October has it's perks for sure.

For starters, it's MUCH more affordable than during peak travel times.
The places we visit have long-since hung their 
"Thanks for a great season! 
See you next summer!"
 signs, and the beaches that were bustling with sunbathers and shell-collectors a month earlier, have been replaced with stillness and solitude.

The locals, who run their Mom & Pop restaurants and Bed & Breakfasts, have the luxury of slowing down and really engaging the guests. 

But that's not the BEST part...




Anyone who even barely knows me, knows that I am an Autumn Child through and through.
Every sense associated with this season... from the copper toned hues to the spicy/earthy scents... feels like part of my natural fiber.

But the autumn colors painting the scenery...
I mean, come on!!!


Are you even kidding me that a novice photographer like myself can snap a photo in an antiquated Bostonian graveyard on a random afternoon and capture this?!

Those colors are demanding to be noticed and experienced!

Or, how about this:


Maybe it's just me, but I had no idea that the seaside vegetation also turned colors in the fall.
Who knew?


Yes, Autumn is sneaky like that.
It lulls you lazily into it's slower-paced routine...


Before, >BLAM<, punching you square in the nose with it's colorful boldness.


To me, this is a traveler's dream.
A s-l-o-w pace paired with the most incredible scenery color of the year!



I'll take it every time.
An Autumn Getaway is the one for me!

I'd love to hear about where YOU most enjoy taking in fall color!

Love, live and create with intention,
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment